Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Creative Recycling: What to do with leftover/unwanted baby cereal

I'm sure many of us had kiddos that absolutely refused to eat baby cereal. My daughter was one of them. No matter what kind of cereal it was, or what I mixed it with, she would not eat it. I had about 3 full boxes and I wound up giving them away.

I saw this post today from calebs_mommy at Kizoodle, and I just had to share. I thought it was an awesome idea.

GREAT Idea...what to do with all that left over baby cereal

My son never ate this stuff...and I had tons of boxes of it. I
found a website called wholesomebabyfood.com that gives a great recipe for baby
cereal pancakes

These are whole wheat and delicious and so good for your
little one. You're able to use 2 cereals at once. I also used blueberries with
it instead of the banana. I've made them many times and will continue till all
of my baby cereal is gone.

Be sure to add the 1 tablespoon of baking
powder per 1 cup flour....it suggest this at the bottom of the page and is not
included in the recipe...but makes them fluffy and not that spongy texture.

ENjoy!! My son is 12 months and still loves them!!

Go to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ and search for baby cereal pancakes. A big round of applause for calebs_mommy everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh that's smart! too bad I don't have any lying around!