Monday, October 6, 2008

A big thank you and some feedback requested

I would first like to thank Tightwad Mommy from Kizoodle and Laurie at Tip Junkie for spreading the word about my Random Acts of Kindness Christmas project.

Next, I'd like to know if I need to change anything. I noticed no one has signed up nor shown interest, so I want to make sure I haven't confused anybody. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

If you're having a hard time thinking of what you could offer or don't want to pay a lot for shipping, how about gift cards? They only take one stamp. Or some packs of stickers for someone to give their little one as a stocking stuffer would also be cheap to ship. 2 stamps at the most.

Anywho, I'm open to feedback and constructive criticism not only to the RAOK Christmas project but also my blog as a whole. Let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, or a frugal subject you would like for me to blog about.

Thanks so much and I appreciate every single one of you who take the time to stop by and visit.

3 comments:

janetfaye said...

I think Random Acts of Kindness Christmas project is a wonderful idea.

But to me it seems more like a giveaway.

I think if there were specific people listed that needed help for Christmas or just getting through tough times that there would be a greater response.

Another idea would be for you to associate yourself with a specific charity, for example a woman's shelter or a shelter for children or even the hurricane victims. They need all sorts of items.

If I can be of help just let me know :)

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Kerri said...

Just hopped on over from tip junkie and wanted to say I really like your blog! I'm also into frugality and like your tips.
I rally like your christmas exchange idea and I think other people will like it too. I have done most of my Christmas shopping and I don't do very many friend and neighbor gifts. I'm also cheap and don't want to pay the shipping! So that's my reasoning. It just seems easier to go buy something. Others might feel the same. People might be more willing to donate their items for a charity like the previous commenter said. But, don't feel bad-it's a good idea and you have an amazing blog!

Unknown said...

Love the new look of your blog (I may have said that already, but...)
I'm considering your RAOK but am thinking of what I would offer. That's why I haven't signed up yet.
For the record: am completely bummed that dd didn't work out. :(
You are full of great ideas!