Monday, October 22, 2007

Our Cheap Date Night

A few weeks ago, the kids went to my mom's house on a Friday afternoon. I decided that the mister and me would have dinner and a movie frugal style.

First, I had to take care of dinner. At the grocery store, I came across a rack of bread and pastries on clearance. They had hoagie sammich loafs for $.80. Therefore, I decided we would have subs and chips for dinner. The pack of lunch meat was $2.13 I believe and the chips were $3.00. Now, I know I could have gotten chips a lot cheaper but since it was a date night, I splurged on some Sun Chips. Yummy! The movie rental was about $3.00.

I'd say the total tally for our date night was around $15. This includes our movies, chips, and all the sandwich fixings (some of which I already had on hand). And the best part? I didn't have to wear my bra! I even went all out on the presentation just to make it a little more special as you can see below.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Kacie said...

I love the presentation. And, what a fun, frugal date!

Kristy said...

Love it! I need to plan this soon.

Anonymous said...

I love frugal date night! Sometimes I light a few candles to make it romantic ; )