Sunday, September 23, 2007

SuperSONIC!

(Orginally posted on my old blog "Work Around Your Wallet" on 1/30/07)


I am very lucky to have a Sonic Drive-In less than five minutes from my house. Actually, it's a blessing and a curse. A blessing for my wallet, a curse for my thighs.

What I love most about Sonic is their Happy Hour. I don't think all Sonics have their Happy Hour at the same time, and some may not have them at all. Check with yours. Our local Sonic's Happy Hour is from 2-5. All drinks are half price. I'm a coke-aholic and tend to crave it when I'm out and about so this is quite nice. I get a large coke for $.86 whereas if I were buying it any other time, it would be $1.72. I think the Route 44 during happy hour is $0.96. That's a huge drink for less than a buck!

Another special they have is every Tuesday starting at 5:00 p.m., you can get five sonic burgers for $5. Grab a bag of frozen fries at the store and you can feed a family of four for less than 2 bucks each. Not too shabby. It's a great "convenient" meal too. There are just some nights you don't feel like cooking or you're running behind and need to whip up something quick. The 5 for $5 is one way to do it quick and cheap.


No comments: